Friday, October 3, 2014

Chalk Art


I have had this large picture frame for many years.
It was a deep shade of gold, it looked like this other frame I had (below)


All I did was buy a primer and paint combined in an off white.
Gave it a couple of coats and let it dry.
I also gave the glass inserts three coats of black chalkboard paint
 And let that dry in between each coat

Then, I have a friend who is doing a creative writing course along with me
We often bounce ideas off each other to help with our writing process
And one day the topic was Water.
Read his writing HERE

I loved the words he wrote, so I decided I knew exactly where I wanted to
Showcase these thought provoking words.


I quickly drew out a sketch of the words and how I wanted them to look.


Then, with my frame and newly painted chalkboard paint dried. 
I set to sketching out the words on the chalkpaint.


All done!

And I love how it looks.
There is something magical about water.


If you're having trouble figuring out what it says here you go:

Water is magical, especially old water
In overgrown lakes... 
They collect time, history, myths... 
Expectations & Dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts