Friday, February 7, 2014

Picture Frame Makeover


An easy makeover for an old picture frame that I picked up from the thrift store, for 50c.

Using left over paint and a little bit of elbow grease, the whole thing cost $1.50


This is how it looked before
Cute kid!!


I pulled off the backing and you can see, it left some on there, so I took some warm water and a sponge,
And soaked the card, until I could scrap it off.



But it still had some sticky gunk left from the adhesive that was used. Use Goo Gone - it does a great job of getting gunk off stuff. Once all off, I gave it a wipe down with warm soapy water and left it too dry.


Left over Valspar tester paint called Columbus White. I gave the frame 3 light coats.


Pop in some cardstock chalk art, I did the night before. Add some cast iron handles and you have a usable tray. Although for now mine is on display, rather than being used. But you never know, maybe It will be used on Valentines day!!


Here is where it sits, looking all pretty sitting on top of another picture frame turned into a tray, which I made last year.  Click Here to see that post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts