Friday, January 10, 2014

Easy Kids Crochet Beanie Hats



In a previous post, 'Easy Crochet Beanie Hat', I mentioned that I was crocheting not only a hat for myself, but also for my girls, Seren & Carys. 
Here are their New Beanie Hats

How cute are these. They only change I made to the Original pattern was the loop edges, and changing up the double crochet stitches and using single crochets too. Also adding a spiral tassel on two of the hats. I will post the pattern for them too. You can also add, a cute crochet flower and button to pretty them up :)
Just remember to measure first, as you may have to drop a couple of stitches past row 6, depending on your child's head circumference

The options are endless, it just takes a little imagination :)

My Original Pattern for the Beanie Hat - HERE
Pattern for tassels:

ch = chain
sc= single crochet
Long Tassel: Ch 31 loosely. 3sc in 2nd ch from hook, 3sc in each ch to end of row-- 90 sc. Fasten off, weave ends into the top of your beanie.
Medium Tassel: ch 26 loosely, 3sc in 2nd ch from hook, 3sc in each ch to end of row -- 75 sc. Fasten off, weave ends into the top of your beanie.
Small Tasselch 21 loosely, 3sc in 2nd ch from hook, 3sc in each ch to end of row -- 75 sc. Fasten off, weave ends into the top of your beanie.




1920's style Girls Beanie Hat
Fits ages 1 - 2 yr old.

I threaded a skein of yarn through every other double crochet stitch. I added a crochet flower with loops and a button, and a looped edge.








This hat fits a 1 - 2 (maybe a 3 yr old. At a stretch)
On this Beanie, I added some extra small rows towards the front/side of hat, then you lift that flap of extra stitches up and attach a crochet flower with a button to hold in place. Crochet some tassels and add to top of hat!!! Adorable



Tassel Beanie.

This hat fits my Nearly 4 yr old, with room to grow. I kept this simple, as Seren doesn't like too much  fuss on her head at the moment as you will see in a picture further down LOL






Easy detachable flower



And here are my girls modeling their hats!!
Seren is not impressed!! While Carys kept saying, 'Cheese' in every picture!!



Carys kept pushing her beanie back- they normally sit a little lower on her forehead!


1 comment:

Popular Posts