Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blackberry & Apple Crumble In Mason Jars.



Growing up, we had a huge blackberry bush at the end of our back garden. I can't recall how many times  when the blackberries were in season, I'd walk down the garden path and pick, beautiful  big, ripe and juicy blackberries off and eat as many as I could... Yep, eat right away, I know...Yuk! What about bugs and washing them, well if I did eat a bug, then it didn't do me any harm, although, I don't ever recall eating any. Plus my mother never used any sort of bug spray or chemicals on the blackberry bush, so I didn't have to worry about any of that.

Just eating them.

I do love Blackberries and when our blackberry bush was overflowing with blackberries, my mother would give us big bowls and send us out to ..'Get picking', so we could make jam and delicious blackberry crumble.

So with my new love of  what you can do with 'Mason Jars' at the moment, I decided to make so single serving blackberry crumble in mason jars. 

Here's what you'll need to make
Blackberry Crumble


6 cups Blackberries
(Pre washed and soaked in a little sugar, to get some of the juices to seep out)
 3 Braeburn Apples peeled & chopped
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 cups Flour
1/4 tsp All Spice
1 cup Butter
Whipped Heavy Cream for topping
Or pouring cream.
4 smaller mason Jars.

Oven temp 425 deg.



Grate the cold stick of butter into the flour. Until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
(Grating the cold butter makes it easier and quicker to mix into the flour)




Add the sugar and mix well.




Add the allspice.


Divide blackberries and apple into the mason jars, make sure you get some of that yummy blackberry juice in there too.



Sprinkle a large spoonful of sugar, between  2 of the jars, then do the same for the rest.



Spoon over the crumble mixture on top of the fruit.


I only filled 4 mason jars, the rest I made a large dish of Blackberry Crumble.


Pop the crumbles in the preheated oven and bake for 35- 40 minutes until the crumble top is golden brown and the blackberry juice bubbles over. Once they're cooked take out and cool for 5 mins, then serve warm with freshly whipped heavy cream or serving cream
 And 
Enjoy the yummy deliciousness of the mixture of tart and sweetness of 

Blackberry & Apple Crumble







Or maybe wrap the single serving of Blackberry Crumble, up in Christmas fabric and with some fresh whipped cream and give as a gift.

Mmmm.... So Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts