Sunday, October 27, 2013

Decorative Shabby Chic Serving Tray



This Decorative Serving Tray

Took a half a day to make!

Easy
Anyone can make this tray.




On my thrift store rummaging, I found some great wood picture frames, for a steal.
(Tons of future projects to do, yeah)

This picture frame cost only 50c...! Yep cheap. 

So start shopping at thrift stores for your next bargain.

First give your frame a good clean & let it dry.

Remove the back & keep to use later.


I gave the frame a couple of coats of spray paint, using Krylon Black Paint and Primer. Leaving to dry in between coats.



Next, I had a sample pot of Benjamin Moore blue paint. I used a foam brush and painted three coats, again leaving it dry in between coats.



To at texture I used, my leftover a
Benjamin  Moore - Acadia White Paint & used a sheet of kitchen towel, then rubbed the paint onto the frame, working quickly, rub off any excess paint, till you get your result.




Using you steel wool & fine sandpaper - distress.




I dug through my scrap fabric, and cut a piece to cover the thick cardboard backing from the frame.




Using a hot glue gun, glue your fabric to the cardboard. 




 Make sure you stretch as you glue, you don't want any creases.



I used Mod Podge to seal the edges of the fabric, and let it dry.



I bought these handles from Hobby Lobby, when the hardware was on sale, they were only $2 each.



Mark where you want the handles to go, the predrill.





Screw on your handles, and use a finishing wax to seal.


Put your glass in & fabric backing and secure with the existing pins.

Then
Sit back & enjoy your afternoons handy work.


Shabby Chic Decorative Serving Tray.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts