Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Name Wall Hanging

Repurposed side of Crib to the Girls Name Wall Hanging.

So I forgot to post my how I made the girls wall hanging. First I prepared the wood, scraping and cleaning, then giving it a coat of primer/pain and let it dry. Second I chose which colors from scrapbooking paper I wanted to use, then I traced around the letters onto the paper and cut around the letter, going a little smaller as to leave a gap so you can see the paint.






Ashton helped me do the part of tracing and cutting out.. More hands make light work , right !

Below I have more little helping hands. Carys loves to get involved, as you can well see LOL



  So the next step was to take the wood letters and predrill holes in them and in the dried side of the old crib. Using wood screws, dipped in washing detergent for ease of drilling in, I drilled the wood letters onto the crib.



Next step was to take the cut out paper shapes and Using MODGE PODGE, glue them into place covering the screws, then paint the whole letter with the Modge Podge. Let it dry. I gave the whole thing three coats of Modge Podge. 

FINISHED PROJECT





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts