Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mothers Day

Mothers.

So I wanted to pay homage to 'Mothers'. Being one myself, I wanted to share some thoughts on the subject.

I grew up with a mam & dad, who loved my sisters and I very much. My mam ( this is how Welsh people say, mom) was an extraordinary lady. My dad, I will post on fathers day for my dad :)

I  was going through some of my keepsakes and came across this letter I received from my mam, many years ago , when I was rather younger, than I am now and yes had many 'Freckles' on my face, nose and arms. I have 7 wonderful children who have pushed my buttons & tried my patience, and yes I have fallen short, many times as being the best mam I can be. 


I'd like to share an except with you and just to remind us, how great we are to have mothers and lucky if we are a mother, even if we struggle at it sometimes:

Dearest Helen,

Our beloved daughter number 3, who came into our home & brought so much joy & happiness. On each of our children, I really knew & felt you were all girls. I even called you Helen from the time, I found out I was expecting you. So you can imagine when you were born, it was as if we already knew you. Your dad came to visit me in the hospital after you were born & we were so tickled pink at having, not only two girls, but three and we giggled & laughed so loud the women in the next room came in to see why your dad and I were laughing so much.



There is more to the letter I received and maybe I will share more at another time, but I wanted to say, how precious this hand written letter is to me and as Mothers day approaches, I will fondly think of my blessed mam, who now lives in Heaven. She has taught me so much, and I often recall her telling me, 'You can do it Helen, just keep at it.'

Mam, I love you, I miss you.

Happy Mothers Day to all. 




6 comments:

  1. Touching and very nice of you to share these personal memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the first time I have seen that picture of your mom and dad. Happy Mother's Day Helen! I agree with Mike, it's great hearing some of your personal memories and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they look regal! I love that wedding picture of mam & dad and keep your eye open for more...personal memories :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Why thank you, my Mr.Wonderful! :)I have you to thank for the help on my blog page :)

      Delete

Popular Posts